Most new businesses are not aware of the proper business etiquette in email marketing. There are steps you can take to make sure you are handling your marketing professionally. This article is filled with email marketing ideas that are beneficial to run a successful email marketing campaign.
1) Before getting involved in an email marketing campaign, you must obtain permission to email each person on your list. If you do not do this, you will be accused of sending spam, and it may cause you to lose some customers.
2) Keep your customers interested in your emails by offering promotions, “Mailchimp” is a tool that will help in this. Email promoting makes your readers feel more valued, as well as encourages them to invite friends. In fact, a referral program is a great way to grow both your email base and your customer base.
3) Use A/B testing strategies when sending emails. Split your mailing list into two parts at random. Send one version of your subject line to one half and another version to the other half. This provides a simple way of seeing which subject lines garner higher open rates and which ones were simply ignored in subscribers’ inboxes.
4) Avoid sending your emails near holidays. During these times, people are likely to be preoccupied with personal issues, vacations, and inundations from various other outlets. There are always going to be exceptions to any rule. For example, an email about your Black Friday deals.
5) Teach yourself what not to do by scoping out some spam. You can raise a bumper crop of negative examples to look at by signing up with a free webmail service and posting your new email address in just a few places online. Study these emails for examples of what not to do, and tweak your own campaigns as needed. Make yourself stand out from spam to improve your reputation and to be an expert online marketer.
6) Give your promotions a personal touch by changing your usual format. If you use HTML in your messages, try sending out a basic text email instead. If the message is well-written, it can help you to connect with the customer, which will increase their desire to support your company and its products or services.
7) You should know that an email previewing feature allows users to see the pre-header of your email without opening it. A pre-header consists of the initial line of text in the email that is highlighted in the email previewer. Email clients such as Gmail display pre-headers after the subject, which is an attention-getter.
8) It may seem obvious, but it is essential to your email marketing campaign that the email addresses you are sending to are correct. Don’t waste time receiving email addresses, only to get a message that the address was invalid. You can spend your precious time in better ways!
As the title “email marketing ideas” has shown, it’s key for marketing with email, companies follow proper etiquette. This will reduce the chances of your customers unsubscribing to your messages. If you want happy, satisfied customers who look forward to receiving emails from you, take note of the advice provided here.